The Japan Blog List
Please check Shizuoka Gourmet Blog for all the gastronomy in Shizuoka Prefecture!
Here below is the list of all 31 « kura »/breweries in Shizuoka Prefecture (Chiyomusume Brewery has just ceased operations in October 2007), which were « working » as of November 2007 (with some nuances and notes attached!)
They are listed in a « traditional » order.
Official business names of Breweries are also included. Keep in mind that some breweries also produce brands for individual shops or distributors: « Miwa No sato » and « Ashikubo » by Fujinishiki, « Toro No sato » by Haginishiki, etc. as well as seasonal limited sake with different names.
As for the « maboroshi » (the ones that disappeared), I keeping updating the list!
1) Chumasa/Yoshiya Brwery (Aoi Ku)/Yoshiya Brewery (also includes: Abekaido, Umifune No Yamahai, Chuemon, Umegashima)
2) Garyubai/Sanwa Brewery (Shimizu Ku)/Sanwa Brewery (also includes Hagoromo No Mai, Shizugokoro, S-Pulse Brand, Sayo No MaiTesshu, Hoosu)
3) Haginishiki (Suruga Ku)/Haginishiki Brewery (also includes: Toro No Sato, Minami Alps, Surugayoi)
4) Kumpai (Suruga Ku)/Kumpai Brewery (also includes: Tenryo No Taki, Meguriai, Shizuka, Daikichi, Kogarashi No Mori, Abe no Shizuku, Ra, Sakura, Tsubaki, Resienkashu, Momiji)
5) Masuichi (Aoi Ku)/Masuichi Brewery (includes: Tsurugi)
Ihara Gun, Yui:
6) Eikun/Eikun Brewery (also includes: Sumpu No Takajo, Iroha, Kohaku, Hiyaoroshi, Midori no Eikun)
7) Shyosetsu/Kamizawagawa Brewery (also includes: Yamda Nishiki, Gin Ginga,Aki Agari)
8) Hatsukame (Okabe)/Hatsukame Brewery (also includes: Arabashiri, Midori, Kame, Okabe Maru, Kame Shirushi, Kiwami 35, Hｙogetsu)
9) Kikuyoi/Aoshima Bewery (also includes Matsushitamai 40, Matsushitamai 50)
10) Shidaizumi/Shidaizumi Brewery (also called Shirasagi, Aoi No Tsuki))
11) Suginishiki/Sugii Brewery (also includes: Fujimai, Touryuumou, Kinnosuke, Taru no Sake)
12) Isojiman/Isojiman Brewery(also includes: Shumpu, Aiyama)
13) Wakatake/Omuraya Brewery (also includes: Nagai Ki No Hashi, Oikawa Han Kajika, Tansei, Suruga Tansei, Aoimiyagi, Suruko, Shizuoka Oden No Sake, Onna Nakase, Shiro, Take no Kaze, Fuuko, Oyakko, Numazu Uogashi Sushi, Rock Sake, Kaon, Aki no Nama Ippon, Najimi, Sanbyakuton, Juubei, Miya no Mizuku, Shiro, Sagaradako, Hanaoto, Totakozen, Yumei no Tsurubashi, Tenbishi, Shimada Juubei, Namikozo, Okinasagi, Rendaikoshi)
15) Sayogoromo/Morimoto Brewery (also includes: Sayogoromo No Uta, Kojyo, Aeru No Sato, Sakuretsu Karakuchi, Ma, Shachou No Irasuto, Jizake Koubo-Fujihomare, Sayo no Sanzoku)
17) Aoitenka/Yamanaka Brewery (also includes: Shin’en, Funaseme, Oniaoi, Yokosuka, Yamanaka)
18) Hagi No Kura/Sogatsuru-Hagi No Kura Brewery (Hagi No Kura and Soogatsuru were two separate kura in the past, but they have merged although under the direction of Hagi No Kura under a combined name) (includes: Ichitomi, Chiyo)
19) Kaiun/Doi Brewery (also includes: Iira, Takatenjin, Hasei Shokiji, Sakura Hana, Hana No Ka, Yumejikomi, Enshyuu No Shiki, Kaiun Den, Komotaru, Enshyunada, small cask)
20) Senjyu/Senjyu Brewery (also includes: Senjyushirabyoushi, Senjyu Kuromai, Honami, Maiguruma, Sawayaka 16, Blue Bottle, Nadeshiko, Tsurubara, Jubilo Label)
21) Kokkou/Kokkou Brewery (also includes: Denichiro, Mori no Ishimatsu, Kinzan)
23) Hana No Mai Brewery Hana No Mai Brewery (also inckudes: Hoho, Tsuu, Shizuka No Mai, Yamada Nishiki, Karakkaze, Hikuma No Uta, Keichu, Susono-private label, Enshu no Gin, Ra-Uogashi-private label, Sushi Tetu-private label)
24) Shusseijyou/Tenjingura-Hamamatsu Brewery (also includes: Ginro, Tenjin,Tobinkakoi, Shussei no Tokuri, Ten, Tengu, Ryu, Mu Jun)
25) Chiyo No Mine/Fujimasa Brewery (also includes: Genkotsu, Fuji no Kasagumo, Fuji no Uta, Kin Label, Shiro Label, Hiya, Chiyonomine, Hyoutan Tokkuri)
26) Shiraito/Makino Brewery (also includes: Fujisan, Shimizu Minato Jirocho, Fuji No Shiraito)
27) Takasago/Fuji Takasago Brewery (also includes: Tago No Ura, Raku, Soleil, Aragoji, Utafuku, Sunshu Nakaya, Chinkoku No Yama, Kura No Megumi, Homare Fuji)
28) Fujinishiki/Fujinishiki Brewery (also includes: Ashikubo, Miwa No Sato, Fujigasumi, Homarefuji, Mononofu No sato, Juku, Tokaido Chu, Samutsukuri, Aoi Tokugawa Sandai, Sui, Maboroshi Shiro, Abekawa, YuYU, Odoriko, Umiya Azura, Izu Yama Yama)
29) Izuumi/Watanabe Brewery (also includes Tago No Fuji, Bokusui)
30) Hakuinmasamune/Takashima Brewery (also includes: Shirasago)
31)Kinmei/Negami Brewery (also includes: Fugakusen, Gotemba Wakamizu, Wakajun, Fukotagu, Kintaroo no sato, Izumi no Yakata)
32) Arabashiri/Bandai Brewery (also includes: Ban’you, Wakitaya, Kuromaizake, Amagi, Fujihomare, Izu no Sato, Arabashiri)
1) Kikugenji (formerly of Toyoo Brewery) even sold in Shuzenji is no longer a Shizuoka sake but from a Nada brewery who bought the name before Toyoo Brewery was absorbed by Bandai Brewery in 2003 to be able to sell in its place of origin!
2) Fuuki in Shimizu City are not a sake brewery but a alcohol brewing and bottling company from the Nada area, although one of their casks is displayed at Sengen Shrine in Shizuoka City. They represented (and might even still) the biggest oke-gai in the Prefecture.
3) Hiraki Brewery, although owned by Hiraki Co. Ltd, a Shizuoka Prefecture Company whose main shareholder is Shinya Totsuka, the present mayor of Kakegawa City, is a Brewery from Okayama City. No comments!