Dear Taproom Friend & Baird Beer Enthusiast:
Do you like your java in the morning? Do you enjoy a beer later in the day? Both of these pleasures are combined in one extremely satisfying Baird Stout: Morning Coffee Stout.
Morning Coffee Stout 2009 (ABV 7.0%):
We brew Morning Coffee Stout once a year for release in late winter / early spring. Each year the recipe differs as does the coffee we use to craft this phenomenal brew. Morning Coffee Stout 2009 combines a blend of three roasted malts, roasted barley and Japanese kokuto (black sugar) with Tully’s Holiday Roast (Guatemala Cupper Reserve) coffee that is cold brewed and added to the stout just at packaging. The secondary fermentation and maturation that occurs post-packaging produces a hybrid stout-coffee elixir that is, in a word, divine.
Morning Coffee Stout 2009 is available on draught and in bottles (633 ml) through the fine family of Baird Beer retailers in Japan beginning Monday, March 16. Its debut also kicks off the annual Lucky Seven Stout Week held at our Taproom pubs.
Lucky Seven Stout Week (Monday, March 16 – Sunday, March 22):
The event coincides every year with St. Patrick’s Day (an Irish holiday celebrated on March 17), and gives us an excuse to celebrate a beer style category long associated with Ireland: Stout. This year the event will be held simultaneously at both the Fishmarket and Nakameguro Taprooms. The lucky seven stouts to be served (in addition to our year-round Shimaguni Stout) are:
(1) Mama’s Milk Stout
(2) Chocolate Malt Stout
(3) Great American Stout
(4) Midnight Oil Export Stout 2009
(5) Morning Coffee Stout 2009
(6) Dark Sky Imperial Stout 2009 (at Nakameguro); Dark Sky Imperial Stout 2008 (at Fishmarket)
(7) Barrel-Aged Dark Sky Imperial Stout 2008
Special Lucky Seven Stout Cards, which include punches for all seven seasonal stouts plus one for Shimaguni Stout, will be available for purchase and use during the week. Enthusiasts who purchase and complete the card will be entered into an end-of-the-week raffle in which seven beer prizes will be given away. The seven prizes are:
(1) Taproom Nombei Pint Drink Ticket
(2) Taproom Nombei Half-Pint Drink Ticket
(3) Mixed 4-Pack of seasonal stouts (Morning Coffee 2008, Morning Coffee 2009, Midnight Oil Export Stout 2008, Dark Sky Imperial Stout 2008)
(4) Baird Beer T-shirt (choose from Wheat King Ale, Red Rose Amber Ale, Rising Sun Pale Ale, Teikoku IPA)
(5) Baird Beer Taproom T-shirt (black or grey)
(6) Set of two Baird Beer logo glasses (pint and half-pint)
(7) Set of 8 Baird Beer Posters
Cards purchased at the Nakameguro Taproom can only be used at Nakameguro. Likewise, cards purchased at the Fishmarket Taproom are only for use in Numazu. Each Taproom will hold its own raffle with winners announced Monday, March 23.
Great stout-inspired cuisine will be served up by the Taproom kitchens and warm Irish-style comraderie and revelry will be in abundance. Friday, March 20 is a Japan national holiday and thus both Taprooms will be open all day from noon then and, as always, on Saturday and Sunday. Please plan on joining us.
Baird Brewing Company